CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 17, 2010

OWWWWIE!

 I am overprotective.
"Don't run around with a toothbrush in your mouth!"
"Please get off the table before you fall through the window!"
"Please don't chew on that fake grape, for the thousandth time, YOU WILL CHOKE!"
But I failed to protect my son last night.
I was folding laundry (while watching the season finale of Desperate housewives) JJ was in his room hanging out watching his night time show. I hear him start to scream. Now as a mother, there are different cries for different situations. This one I knew. This one makes your heart drop and the sweat break out across your forehead instantly. Your stomach collapses. No matter where you are or what your doing, you are able to be within reach before you blink.
When I reached his room, he was laying face down, a child safe fork in his right hand and his left hand cupping his left eye. My breath left me as I awaited the result. He moved his hand and I see the blood streaming down his face. I was relieved. He still had his eye. Phew! He had managed to fall on the fork and stab himself just between the cheek and his eye. I swooped I'm up and ran him to the chair in the living room. Setting him down, I pick up the phone and dial up my FIL. I'm panicked and telling him over and over that he has to come do something with my sleeping daughter, JJ had to go to the E.R. (thank goodness our house is just 3 miles from them!)

(yes, i grabbed the camera during all the chaos)

Once we get to the E.R. they get us registered and then proceeded to tell us that they are understaffed and it will be around 6 am before we get a room... 6 AM????? After having a nurse look him over we got the go ahead to go home and see our ped in the morning. Since it was a puncture wound, it had already sealed up and the bleeding had stopped.
The ped told us this morning (the morning my baby boy was supposed to go to preschool for the first time) That we were very lucky. 1/2 centimeter higher, and we could have lost an eye. We are truly blessed. Things could have been much worse! He checked it out and determined that he didn't need any antibiotics, but that a tetanus was. I was very torn about the tetanus, and chose to let him have that. (after a looooong discussion with the Dr on why we shouldn't vs why we should)


After the emergency room

So I just though i would update with this.
He is doing well and should heal with minimum scaring.

1 comments:

Caralee said...

Poor boy! God blesses us in so many ways! Glad he is doing great!

Post a Comment

By Leelou Blogs